The Humane Society of Central Illinois is a 501(c)(3) Not-For-Profit organization and relies on animal lovers' help to save lives! Thank You for all your thoughtful donations! Questions? Call the office at (309) 451-1000 or send an email to us. Bolded items are those needed most frequently.
The HSCI has an Amazon Wish List! Check out the items on our Amazon Wish List.
The HSCI is also a shelter partner with Chewy! Check out the items on our Chewy Wish List.
- Gift cards to Walmart, Target, Amazon.com, Office Depot, Visa, Blain's Farm & Fleet, Menards, or Home Depot
- Pet enrichment (toys!)
- 6-foot Nylon Slip Leash
- Powder laundry detergent
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Dishwashing liquid
- Paper towels
- Paper-based small animal bedding such as CareFresh
- Distilled water
- Garbage bags: 13 gallon
- Drum liners: 55 gallon
- Cat litter (non-clumping, unscented preferred!)
- Brooms and dustpans
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harnesses in sizes: Small, Small/Medium, Medium & Large
- Cat scratch pads
- Hand sanitizer (large refill bottles)
- Liquid hand soap
- Toilet tissue
- White 8½" x 11" copy paper
- Black, grey, lime green or red Sharpies
- Duct tape
- 3M Command Strips
- Office tape
- Laminating Pouches
- Spray bottles
- Paper folders with pockets
HSCI accepts used towels and sheets (no holes, rips, or tears) only.
Items That HSCI Cannot Accept:
- Pillow cases
- Mattress pads
- Comforters or other stuffed bedding
- Stuffed animals
To manage the health of the dogs and cats at the center, HSCI feeds Hill's Science Diet Foods and is a part of the Hill's Science Diet Shelter Feeding Program. Many of the animals in our care come to us with special dietary needs which must be addressed before they can be adopted. Therefore, access to the specialized diets that Hill's provides is critical. We believe that animals who look and feel great quickly find new homes!