the ! Your donation makes a difference.
You make our work possible and, more importantly, give animals who need a second chance an opportunity to live the happy life they deserve.
How YOU can help
Your contributions allow us to provide animal care and spay and neuter services, cover medical costs, pay operating expenses, including housing for the pets, and more. We need over $500,000 each year to continue offering the quality of care and service necessary to care for and place pets in their forever homes. There are a variety of ways you can help us reach that goal.
Make a one-time or recurring donation to contribute where the need is highest – any amount helps!
Help provide emergency, extraordinary medical, or spay and neuter services for HSCI pets
Donate to HSCI in honor of a pet or loved one
Honor the memory of a pet or loved one with a memorial donation
Provide food, care, and housing for a specific pet while they wait for their loving forever home
Find out how you can become a HSCI Partner and the benefits for each level of partnership
Shop with iGive.com
Register with iGive.com and find stores who money to the HSCI when you shop online!
Boost your contribution with an employer match!
Does your employer have a donation matching program? If so, you can spread more love with your contribution. Here are two local employers who offer a matching program:
State Farm® Matching Gift
State Farm encourages associates to be a good neighbor by giving back to the communities where they live and work.
- The Matching Gift Program now includes not-for-profit organizations, such as the HSCI. Matching gifts of $25 or more are eligible for the match and up to a maximum of $4,500 per calendar year. Gifts can be matched throughout the year.
- Current employees, retirees, and agents are eligible to participate. Active employees are also eligible for payroll deduction.
- When submitting a Matching Gift form, please use the email address email@example.com for the HSCI.
COUNTRY® Financial Donation Match
COUNTRY Financial employees (financial reps and agents are not eligible), along with employees of the Illinois Farm Bureau and IAA Credit Union, have access to a Donation Match Program.
- Up to $500 per employee, per year, can be matched when a personal donation is made to an eligible nonprofit organization. Employees can visit their internal benefits page and search “giving” to find more details (including how to fill out the request form).
- If you have specific questions, you can send a note to COUNTRY Financial Donation Match Program
Leaving a Legacy
Some of our donors wish to include the HSCI as part of their estate plan. If you’re interested in continuing to support the pets at the HSCI through your estate, please contact us to ask for information about the options available to you. We can provide general guidance and assistance with respect to the proper language to use when naming the shelter in your estate plan or retirement account as you consult an attorney or a tax professional when creating or amending your estate plan to ensure that your estate planning documents meet all the necessary requirements.